Please join us at Lucky(168 Ave B) on Tuesday 7/25/2017 from 7:00pm- 10:00pm as we mix and mingle with East Village business owners. We want to hear your ideas and thoughts about how we can all work together to make the neighborhood stronger and keep small business thriving. Wine will be provided.
Another Starbucks is planned for the huge storefront at 125 St. Mark's Place at Ave A. We don't need more chains in the East Village. We need retail diversity and independently owned local businesses!
Join community groups and local shop owners from East Village Merchants Association and more to stand up for the unique character of the East Village. Support policies that can promote retail diversity, prevent chain stores and preserve small businesses.
After the success of May’s “Taste of 7th Street” we’re organizing an all day shopping spree on and around 12th St (between 1st Ave and Ave D) this Saturday 6/24!
From noon till 5pm you’ll find a ton of local stores, bars and restaurants offering amazing food and drink specials and unbelievable shopping deals. You might even be serenaded by a roaming musician or two.
Then, at 4pm-5pm join us at East Village Vintage Collective, 545 e 12th Street [Insta: @evvintagecollective], for free Tiki cocktails while you peruse whimsical vintage fashions and finds.
Live music by Erica Mancini and The Bee's Knees!
After party at Lucky, 168 Avenue B.
The following businesses are participating in TIKI ON 12TH (stay tuned for for updates on other businesses and deals):
- Au Za'atar - 50% off wine bottles all day
- Baker's Pizza - $6 spicy Hawaiian slice + Summer of Love IPA
- B-Side - Sip on a Navy Grog while enjoying Tiki-themed music and movies from 3pm
- Ciao for Now - $6 passionfruit sangrias all day
- Community 54 - 20% off if you mention "Tiki on 12th"
- Convive Wines - Tiki cocktail tasting from 12pm
- Double Wide - $6 frozen coconut margaritas all day
- East Village Vintage Collective - 20% off if you mention "Tiki on 12th" + free Tiki drinks 4-5pm w/live music
- Gabay's Outlet - Special deals on their unique fashion and furniture if you mention "Tiki on 12th"
- Kingsley - $10 Tangerine Dream (tangerine juice, rye, honey syrup, Peychauds bitters, tonic) from 12pm
- Lucky - After-party with special entertainment from 5pm
- Raclette - Free dessert or glass of wine with entree purchase all day
- Rue-B - 50% off Coltrane Cherry Caipirinhas from 4pm
- Harry & Ida's - $10 Harry's Hawaiian sandwich special (housemade ham, smoked provolone, pineapple salad)
- And more!
Bring a dish or just come and eat some dishes in the loveliest bookstore in NYC. Bonus point if you make a dish from one of her thousands of vintage used cookbooks...
Address: 28 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10003
Phone: (212) 989-8962
The East Village Independent Merchants Association (EVIMA) will be hosting its third annual holiday shopping event ALL DAY Saturday, December 10th. East Villagers are encouraged to “shop local” and support small business owners, in exchange for special discounts, promotions and in-store treats.
EVIMA will also host a holiday party at Jimmy’s No. 43 from 4-6 PM, where shoppers can enter a special “Grab Bag” raffle with treats from EVIMA members. Shoppers will receive one raffle ticket for every store they shop using a special passport card they can pick up at participating stores.
Participating merchants include:
- Anthony Aiden Opticians Free eye exam with purchase and 15% off complete set of eye glasses all weekend
- B&H Dairy 10% off breakfast, lunch and dinner all day
- Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks 10% all day and have in-store carolers
- Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo Academy $150 for 100 days of unlimited classes or $80 per month for 1 weekend class per week (6 month contract)
- East Village Vintage Collective 15% off store-wide and some mulled cider
- Exit 9 Gift Emporium 15% off in store to anyone who mentions the shopping event
- La Sirena Mexican Gifts 10% off day of event
- Lucky on B Free "holiday shot" with purchase
- New York Copy & Print Spend $100 get 20% off
- Pageant Print Shop 10% off in store to those who mention the promotion
- Parlor 15% off all Aveda products & complimentary Holiday make-up tips with Christopher from 3-6pm
- Random Accessories 15% off plus some sweet treats
- Taste Wine Co. - Buy one get one 50% off wine tasting class tickets.
- Three Seat Espresso & Barber buy 1 coffee get one free from Monday December 5 - Sunday December 11th
Raffle Items Inclue:
- A $100 dollar gift certificate from Anthony Aiden Opticians
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner for 2 + 2 B&H "Challah por favor!" T-shirts from B&H Dairy
- A $25 gift certificate from Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks
- A character glass and a $20 gift certificate from East Village Vintage Collective
- A candle plus a $40 gift certificate from Exit 9 Gift Emporium
- A $25 gift certificate from La Sirena Mexican Gifts
- A $25.00 gift certificate from Pageant Print Shop
- A travel size hand lotion, lip moisturizer and composition oil as well as $20 towards a service at Parlor.
- A Nut cracker & $40 gift certificate from Random Accessories
Residents can also pick up their FREE copy of the recently launched EVill Card, the first east village discount card designed by merchants for residents. The card, launched in late October, is a free resource for all residents of the East Village. Card owners access special discounts and deals throughout the year from an ever-growing list of participating merchants. For more info on the EVill card, click here.
Whether you have lived in New York City your entire life or are brand-new and still trying to get your bearings, Julie Scelfo’s “The Women Who Made New York” will open your eyes. The stories in this book have never been told quite this way before. Together with Hallie Heald’s illustrations, this book is as compelling and bold as the women themselves.
The Maine-based author will be serving up soup, signatures, and stories until the pot run dry so to speak.
Come out. Meet the author. Enjoy some scrumptious soup!
Kathy is a James Beard award-winner, Resident Chef for NPR’s “Here and Now,” author of several fine cookbooks, and a resident of Maine (where it’s probably already snowing).
We're good, but we're better together. Tuesdays For Good is a charitable program run by Exit9 Gift Emporium and can easily expand to the greater community. It is designed to help raise funds (and awareness) for good organizations and causes that benefit our wonderful New York City communities. It also...
- Invests in our communities
- Leverages business efforts
- Selects one non-profit per month.
- Donates 5% of sales from each Tuesday of the month
- Allows multiple businesses to simultaneously raise funds together.
- Improves your company's B-impact assessment score.
How funds are generated: 5% of all sales from each Tuesday will be donated to a selected organization. In addition, if a customer mentions the non-profit at checkout, then he or she will receive a 5% discount on their entire purchase. It's a win, win, win for everyone.
Together, we can do great things.
This month's profits from Tuesdays For Good will go to the Community Word Project, a New York City based arts-in-education organization that inspires children in under served communities to read, interpret and respond to their world and to become active citizens through collaborative arts residencies and teacher training programs.
Learn how to negotiate a fair commercial lease!
Business owners invest significant resources into their commercial spaces, but don't always know their rights as tenants. This course is taught by attorneys who have counseled both landlords and tenants on lease agreements, and can teach you how to negotiate a commercial lease that serves your interests and minimizes your risks.
Presented by Greenwich Village Chelsea Chamber of Commerce, Performance Space 122 & Village Arts Alive
Used as a problem-solving tactic by think tanks, the startup community, and the cultural sector, the Long Table discussion format provides a deeper way to collaboratively engage with a larger topic. This discussion will center around new ideas of creating shared value. Questions raised by the group will explore how cultural organizations and businesses can partner in mutually beneficial, economically successful ways.
How do you ensure your lease protects your rights?
Register with the People's Federal Credit Union for a FREE seminar where a panel of real estate lawyers will discuss:
- Terms and clauses you want to include in your lease
- Understanding the terms of the lease
- Negotiating the lease
- Calculating rent and additional rent
- Your rights as a tenant
- Common pitfalls
SPACE IS LIMITED. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-529-8197 ext 131
Join us for a crash course in merchant self-defense!
Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo Academy (CHKA), 34 Avenue A, 2ND Floor
If you are a local independent business owner and are concerned by:
- Closing shop alone at night
- Defending yourself in public
- Safety best practices
- General self defense
then this is a class that could greatly benefit you! Learn tricks of the trade with CHKA Instructor Sifu Jack Shamburger and Detective Ed Buddin. Light refreshments will be served.
This event is free and open to the public but space is limited so we ask that you RSVP. Priority will be given to independent business owners in the East Village. Email email@example.com with your name and number of attendees.
From Jimmy's No. 43:
It’s Allagash Brewing’s annual Saison Day, and we’ll be celebrating #LiquidLent all day with select Farmhouse Ales from NYC, the US (including Allagash) and Europe. A great beer to pair with food! Ask us for suggestions.
Pay as you go. All regular bar/restaurant service is available during this theme event.
Join the East Village Independent Merchants Association for a crash course in Email Marketing & Communications
Join EVIMA and presenter Andrea Kayal, VP of Marketing at Signpost, for a crash course in email communications. If you have questions about:
- Starting your email lists
- The dos and don'ts of email marketing
- Analyzing and optimizing your email performance
- SMS Marketing
this is an event you will benefit from!
Join us as we celebrate the 6 month anniversary of the reopening of B&H Dairy. Mingle with neighbors over blintzes and pierogi, and enjoy sips with drinks* from Taste Wine Co. Play B&H Trivia for a chance to win prizes and flaunt your B&H knowledge. Most importantly, celebrate the wonderful neighborhood institution that is B&H Dairy!