The East Village Independent Merchants Association (EVIMA) will be hosting its third annual holiday shopping event ALL DAY Saturday, December 10th. East Villagers are encouraged to “shop local” and support small business owners, in exchange for special discounts, promotions and in-store treats.
EVIMA will also host a holiday party at Jimmy’s No. 43 from 4-6 PM, where shoppers can enter a special “Grab Bag” raffle with treats from EVIMA members. Shoppers will receive one raffle ticket for every store they shop using a special passport card they can pick up at participating stores.
Participating merchants include:
- Anthony Aiden Opticians Free eye exam with purchase and 15% off complete set of eye glasses all weekend
- B&H Dairy 10% off breakfast, lunch and dinner all day
- Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks 10% all day and have in-store carolers
- Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo Academy $150 for 100 days of unlimited classes or $80 per month for 1 weekend class per week (6 month contract)
- East Village Vintage Collective 15% off store-wide and some mulled cider
- Exit 9 Gift Emporium 15% off in store to anyone who mentions the shopping event
- La Sirena Mexican Gifts 10% off day of event
- Lucky on B Free "holiday shot" with purchase
- New York Copy & Print Spend $100 get 20% off
- Pageant Print Shop 10% off in store to those who mention the promotion
- Parlor 15% off all Aveda products & complimentary Holiday make-up tips with Christopher from 3-6pm
- Random Accessories 15% off plus some sweet treats
- Taste Wine Co. - Buy one get one 50% off wine tasting class tickets.
- Three Seat Espresso & Barber buy 1 coffee get one free from Monday December 5 - Sunday December 11th
Raffle Items Inclue:
- A $100 dollar gift certificate from Anthony Aiden Opticians
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner for 2 + 2 B&H "Challah por favor!" T-shirts from B&H Dairy
- A $25 gift certificate from Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks
- A character glass and a $20 gift certificate from East Village Vintage Collective
- A candle plus a $40 gift certificate from Exit 9 Gift Emporium
- A $25 gift certificate from La Sirena Mexican Gifts
- A $25.00 gift certificate from Pageant Print Shop
- A travel size hand lotion, lip moisturizer and composition oil as well as $20 towards a service at Parlor.
- A Nut cracker & $40 gift certificate from Random Accessories
Residents can also pick up their FREE copy of the recently launched EVill Card, the first east village discount card designed by merchants for residents. The card, launched in late October, is a free resource for all residents of the East Village. Card owners access special discounts and deals throughout the year from an ever-growing list of participating merchants. For more info on the EVill card, click here.